When I say Leslie Stern has quintessential American style, think Ali Graw in the movie Love Story. A little bit preppie, a mix of timeless classics. I was not surprised to see Ralph Lauren among her go to designers.
Leslie Stern is a former New York textile designer who worked for, among others, John Kaldor and Oroton moved to Sydney years ago and turned her creative mind to painting
1. Who are the designers you like?
Garments that have been on high-rotation this summer ar by Ninety Percent, Sass + Bide, Alice + Olivia and always Ralph Lauren for dressing up, his less formal bo ho-style looks always grab me. Plus the blue + white thing, I do that a lot.
2. What sort of clothes appeal to you?
I mostly go for practical pieces day to day, lots of blue or white denim paired with knits. I love scares too
3. Do you have any style icons?
I love people watching and enjoy seeing how men and women put themselves together , but I don't really have a style icon.
4. How do you feel about getting older?
Getting older is a privilege.
5. Do magazines or add campaigns talk to your generation?
Yes ! Its's a big target market with strong buying power. I don't feel we older gals are " invisible " at all.
6. How do you approach fashion compared to your mother’s generation?
Oh entirely. My beautiful mother took her appearance very seriously. Even on a modest budget, Hollywood glamour was a heavy influence.
7. Where are the clothes from in the shots?
Printed knit dress from Desigual in Portugal; slip dress crombec + bridge; navy Indian skirt from pas de calais ( purchased from @aridasydney );sparkle mules from Steve Madden; silver kitten heels Manila Blahnik; sneakers Superga.
8. What are the things that are most important in your life as you get older?
Living responsibly and giving backs a big focus. Being aware. Supporting my beautiful family and being there for my friends.
Share this Post