Yesterday Sharron Laura of the Haberfield Stop WestCONnex took me on a tour of the destruction that is Mike Baird’s WestCONnex. It is distressing.
We drove to a lot of the suburbs that are being affected by this Tollway to nowhere. It took us six and half hours.
Beautiful big trees gone. Our blue ribbons mean the trees are condemed.
In suburbs like Granville and Concord, where tree canopies are as rare as a caring and truthfull Premier, the broken limbs of trees are pushed into huge piles.
Houses sit under flyovers or are having huge green sound proof walls erected less than a metre away.
We came across a huge pile with “caution asbestos” tape flapping in the wind just sitting beside the road.
I thought I’d just give you a tour of what Politicians call progress and I call mindless destruction. WestCONnex still can’t tell us where the extra thousands of cars will end up when they emerge from their piece of genius closer to the city.
That would be the city they say they don’t want cars going to…
Who is the winner here Mr. Baird? Did I hear Toll Operators!
Share this Post
If Mike Baird gets away with WestCONnex, our community will never recover.
* St Peters, Alexandria and Newtown will be choked with 4-6 lane highways
* Euston Rd will be filled with 60,000 vehicles every day
* Large chunks of Sydney Park and thousands of trees will be destroyed
* Unfiltered pollution stacks will be built next to our homes, schools and workplaces
* Critical habitat of the endangered Green and Golden Bell Frog will be wiped out
Come along and find out how you can help Stop WestCONnex!
* Lord Mayor Clover Moore, City of Sydney
* Dr Mehreen Faruqi, MP and engineer
* Jonathan Moylan, campaigner and activist
* Lorrie Graham, leading photojournalist and campaigner