This Pumpkin, Sweet potato and Coconut superfood soup is packed full of goodness and health. The superfoods are matched with fantastic spices that are good for the digestive system.
The recipe is from the “Clean Living Cookbook” by Luke Hines and Scott Gooding
Ingredients – Serves four
1 large brown onion , diced
garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons of grated ginger
½ bunch of coriander stalks and roots, well washed and chopped
1 lemongrass stalk, chopped (white part only)
2 teaspoons ground turmeric
* For Sydneysiders … when it says Turmeric I get fresh from the Sydney Fish market greengrocer, they also have Galangal.
2 tablespoons grated galangal
2 small red chillies chopped
500g sweet potato, cut into small chunks
500g peeled, deseeded pumpkin cut into small chunks
2 x 400 ml cans coconut cream
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Coriander leaves to serve
- Combine the onion, garlic, ginger, herbs and spices in a large mortar and pestle and pound with ½ cup of water until you have a smooth paste.
- Sauté the paste in a saucepan over a medium heat for 3-5 minutes, then add then pumpkin and sweet potato and 4 cups of water.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes
- Add the coconut cream and salt, cover and continue to simmer over a low heat for 5-8 minutes
- Once the pumpkin and sweet potato are soft, remove from the heat and process in a food processor, or leave them in the pan and process with a stick blender.
- Before serving, pop in the lemon juice and adjust the seasoning to taste. Serve topped with coriander leaves.
Share this Post