I have know Sand Edwards for forties years, we were very very young photographers, and met at the Australian Centre of Photography, in those early days, the only real hub for photographers in Sydney. Years later we shared a Studio in Chippendale.
Sand has always had a unique and self assured look and presence. I’ve wanted to feature her on this blog since I started it. We managed half a day and only the tip of her wardrobe. It rained all day, hence wet hair and no hair and make-up to jump in and dry it…sorry Sand.
The backdrop for some of the shots is the wonderful exhibition El Anatsui at Carriage works and the work of some talented Canberra photographers called The Poetic Lens at a space in the Central Plaza.
1. Who are the designers you like?
– Yoshi Jones, Uniqlo, Leona Edmiston, Gorman, Carla Zampatti, Country Road,
2. What sort of clothes appeal to you?
– Simple, stylish, colour, black and white, practical.
3 Do you have any style Icons
4 How Do you feel about getting older?
5. Do Magazines or Ad Campaigns talk to your generation?
– Don’t read them
6. How Do you approach fashion compared to your mother’s generation
– Same as my mother love clothes.
7. What are the most important things in your life as you get older?
– To be happy where I am now. To have good relationships with people.
The dresses : The lemon, black with slash across the chest and the red lace are all Carla Zampatti, the pleated red : Alquema The black shift with silver dots : Foil and the Red and White checked shift: Dragstar. Other designers loved by Sand Kinki Gerlinki, Desigual, Zambesi, Desigual
read about Sand’s ArtThere here
Share this Post